Friday, September 15, 2006

Six Short Anecdotes from the Last Two Weeks

1. This one from dimmi's blog.

2. I tried to buy a couple of washcloths from Wal-Mart, as mine somehow got lost in the move. In the attempt, though, I didn't actually end up getting washcloths--they turned out to be hand towels. They were folded up nice and small, but they're really quite big and inconvenient to wash yourself with. So now I need to go back to Wal-Mart.

3. On the second day of Creative Writing class (Engl 218R) we wrote a story from a prompt so the teacher could have a sample of each person's writing. I tried really hard to put a twist at the end of my story, but in doing so managed to write a story that was really creepy and morbid. Fortunately, though, the teacher liked the twist, so I'm saved. I got the story back, too, if you want to read it.

4. In Spring term past I received the assignment to home teach two girls, Holly and Charity, who had just moved into the ward. I got the assignment a few weeks into the term, and then moved out when the term was over, so I only visited them once (one month). Apparently I did a poor job, however, because it turns out that they both have moved into the same new ward as me, and I've been assigned to be their home teacher again. This is really just an Ensign story waiting to happen... I should write it up in something longer than anecdote format.

5. We had the rockingest Movie Night ever this week. We watched Waking Ned Divine, which is already a recipe for success, and we packed the place full. Really. There were 30 people crammed into the living room when people started leaving because there wasn't any more room to sit. So if you didn't get a seat--come earlier next week.

6. If you ever need another PE class to fill out your schedule, take Flexibility (EXSC 125). It's the coolest class ever. So far all we've done is show up to class, and stretch for the class period. That's not all, though--at some point they teach us how to take power naps, and we do that in class (be still my beating heart). I don't know that I necessarily need a lot of instruction in napping (much less napping in class), but I'm always up for honing my skills.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Of course we want the story.

LJ said...

I second that. Most definitely. And I'm dying of envy that you got into Flexibility this semester. I need some power-nap tips.

Emily said...

Oh, it's a really good story.