Thursday, October 12, 2006

Leave the Frosty alone.

I finally had a vanilla "Frosty" tonight, at Wendy's. I put "Frosty" in quotes because what they are calling a vanilla Frosty is not a Frosty at all. Let's be honest--it's just vanilla soft-serve ice cream. And while I like vanilla soft-serve ice cream, it's not a Frosty.

Nor will I ever agree that a Frosty is just chocolate soft-serve ice cream, so don't even try.

The other thing that I need to bring to your attention is Line Rider. I've spent a great amount of time with it lately, and so should you. The jist is that you draw the shape of a hill with the pencil tool, and then hit Play--and the cool guy on a sled goes sledding down the shape you've just made. He can go over jumps and everything, it's awesome.

Then, once you've played with it a while, check out this video and this video. Only after you've tried it can you appreciate how cool these videos are. And the best part is that their existence proves that there are people out there wasting more time than I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true. Lavish was really wanting to try a vanilla "Frosty" some time ago, so we got them. We were all sorely disappointed.

Also, thanks for Line Rider.

LJ said...

Okay. You already know how I feel about the Vanilla Frosty. (No, I will not put it in quotes. As a fellow Frosty, I embrace the newest Vanilla member of the family.)

Also, Line Rider is probably the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Props, and plus several hundred points.

Brooklyn said...

Yeah. Not a Frosty.