Sunday, April 01, 2007

Our fridge.

Our fridge has been getting colder lately. Nobody turned the coldness up; rather, we've turned it down a few times. But it's still getting colder.

This morning I put a gallon of milk in the microwave, to thaw it enough to pour over cereal. It was frozen solid. Milk. Frozen solid. Into a jug-shaped piece of milk ice.

But this evening was when it all came to a head. I was making breakfast burritos. I've made breakfast burritos quite a few times, so I have a pretty good idea of the workflow: bacon takes the longest, so you start it first, and you do the eggs last because their quickest. So, as is custom, I got everything else ready before I cooked the eggs.

But when I got the carton of eggs out of the fridge, they had frozen. The eggs. All but two had frozen and exploded... I'm guessing the freezing caused the insides to expand to the point of breaking the shell. One egg was okay. The other was frozen, but not broken—so I peeled the shell off of the outside, and had a frozen raw egg. An eggsicle. An egg ice cube. It was so gross.

This is not a picture of it. But this is exactly what it looked like. My priority at the time was more about throwing it away than preserving its image for posterity. But Google provided this image, and it does it pretty good justice.

4 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Our fridge has been getting colder lately. Nobody turned the temperature up; rather, we've turned it down a few times. But it's still getting colder.

You've turned the temperature down a few times and you can't figure out why it's getting colder?

Friend. Friend.

rogeber said...

Oh, come on. You know what I meant.

Brooklyn said...

I wasn't sure:P
It's something I would do, anyway.
Come to think of it, it may be something I have done ...

becca said...

i'm just glad you went straight to google images to find that.