Friday, October 12, 2007

It's Creed! And he's in a band!

Creed is my favorite character on The Office. No one else really comes close. He mentions in a deleted scene in the Booze Cruise episode that he was in a band called the Grass Roots – and I heard that the actor (Creed Bratton) actually was. But I had no idea that the band played songs I actually know.

First of all, the deleted scene is here. So you know what you're watching, it's an actual clip of Creed playing the guitar on the Booze Cruise, plus a clip of him talking about going on tour with Janis Joplin and Cream. Turns out that's true.


But now to the good stuff. The Grass Roots did a song called "Let's Live For Today," which you probably know. To get your socks blown off, watch the video of it on YouTube. Creed is playing lead guitar, he's in the striped sweater – check out the close-up at 1:31 and his solo starting at 1:48. That's Creed, all right. And I know that song! La la la la la la, live for today.

The Grass Roots also did a song called "Midnight Confessions," which is also somewhat well-known. Video here. If you're looking for close-ups of Creed, though, watch "Let's Live For Today."

Turns out Creed did pretty well for himself before The Office. Coming up: more dirt on other Office characters, as I can dig it up.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have no idea how happy this made me.