Wednesday, February 21, 2007

About real life.

I was noticing, as I was walking to my car in the dark after class, that it's been a long time since anyone jumped out of a shadow and grabbed me, clasping their hand over my mouth so I couldn't scream. I guess that just doesn't happen much anymore.

I've also never actually been in a fight that took place on top of a moving train. I've never had to knock the gun out of a guy's hands while my own hands were cuffed, and I've never walked into a room and heard the beeping of a live bomb. And I've never, like Tony Giardino, held onto that bottom part of a helicopter. You know that part?

I'm not sure why my life is so atypical in these ways--maybe I need to get out more.

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

You haven't gone through all of Jack Bauer's training just yet. Once you finish that, you'll catch up to the rest of us. Don't worry.

Yancy said...

yeah, maybe you should get out more.