Thursday, July 05, 2007

Feliz Cuarto de Julio.

A few thoughts from the last few days.

As of July 3rd, it's been five years since I went into the MTC. Five years. I can't believe I've even been alive that long.

I just spent the last day or two in the company of an extremely pregnant woman, and she was really, really hard to be around. I'm sure not all women are so unpleasant before childbirth, but this particular one was worthy of a certain appellation I've never felt comfortable saying. Wow.

I hope everybody had a good 4th of July. We made pupusas and chili rellenos. It was great, albeit not entirely American.

I like pop music. Not necessarily everything that's on the radio, and in fact I'm a bit behind in popular music, but I like the lack of pretension that comes with pop. Most performers don't take themselves too seriously. And it's refreshing.

I really like my job. And by job I mean internship.

That's all, really.

3 comments:

Kenny said...

yo, rodge. i was hoping you could tell me some of your day-to-day details from your internship. what's it like for you? i'm at a crossroads (who isn't?) and so i'm looking to other people's experiences. so, if you have a chance, it'd be awesome to hear.

thanks!

xaque said...

1. I too went in the same day as you, wow.

2. I have known a large number of very unpleasant pregos.

3. Pupusas are REALLY good.

4. I love you.

the end.

rogeber said...

Kenny... drop me a line. rogeber at gmail dot com.