Friday, July 27, 2007

A cool shirt.

I got a cool shirt yesterday. At work.

It's from the Truth campaign, which has been one of my favorite ad campaigns for a while. It's the anti-smoking one... encouraging kids to not start smoking. It's cool stuff. And it comes from CP+B.


The shirt is a "secondhand shirt," meaning that it's actually an old shirt that they've turned inside out and printed on. On the front it lists the names of some poisonous chemicals. And on the back it says, "All of the chemicals on this secondhand shirt are also in secondhand smoke." There's your concept.



But only focusing on the concept means ignoring the extreme coolness of this shirt. For one thing, it's an inside-out t-shirt, which is terrific. I'm including a detail picture of a seam, and as you can see, there's even a big string hanging off. Awesome.


But it's also definitely just an old shirt, and you can see the original printing through it (look closely at the second picture above). This one was for "Malibu Caribbean Rum with natural coconut flavor." Could there be a cooler shirt than this? Maybe. But I won't know until I've turned many more shirts inside out and printed on them.

2 comments:

andrea kay said...

I like the shirt. Very creative. Hope you are having fun.

austinmcraig said...

I am going to have to give that one a try, the inside out print. Hope you and CP&B don't mind.