Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Spirit and element, inseparably connected

I just listened to a Perspective on NPR, where a gentleman told a story about Americans on a heavy-duty mountain climbing trip in Asia, led by Nepalese sherpa guides. I think it will enhance my story to say that they were climbing Mount Everest, so let's go with that.

The expedition went quickly, and smoothly--until suddenly, the sherpa all sat down. On the ground. The Americans were exasperated.

"Get up!" they said. "Why have you stopped?"
"We're waiting," was the reply.
"Waiting? Waiting for what?"
"Waiting for our souls to catch up."

Headed home on Sunday for a while before going back to Provo. I think I'm going to dedicate the week to letting my soul catch up. Again.

1 comment:

austinmcraig said...

Heres the song I told you about. I liked it. see you when you're back in Provo.

http://www.catbirdseat.org/catbirdseat/archives/000636.shtml