Friday, August 25, 2006

Wow, Grandma. I had no idea.

It's been great being home. I've slept in every day, with today as a notable exception. Today I got up early to do a yo-yo show for a seminary class, in celebration of Ezra Taft Benson's birthday. I'm still not entirely clear on the connection there, but I was pleased to find out that the class ended with President Benson's favorite dessert--lemon meringue pie--being served. All's forgiven, at that point.

My real purpose this evening, however, is to recount a great conversation I had with my grandma a few days ago, before I left the Bay Area. I doubt I can actually recreate it, so I'll just tell you about it.

My grandma was telling me about how she exercises every day, for an hour (which I think is impressive in itself). She said that she turns on the TV when she does, and watches what's on. If she goes from 12 to 1, she watches a certain show that she likes. If she goes from 1 to 2, though, she watches... The A-Team. Yeah. Uh-huh. I told her I had no idea she was so into The A-Team. She told me she really likes it, however, because nobody dies. They get hurt, sure, but nobody dies.

Regardless, my grandma watches the A-Team.

I love it.

1 comment:

Thirdmango said...

My current ring tone is the a team theme, it's what I wake up to in the morning, you know how heart pumping it is to have your alarm clock be the a team? it's awesome!