Sunday, January 14, 2007

1/24 and 2/24

So, I made a decision to watch "24" this season. I'd only seen one episode before tonight. I'm making a point of it, because I like to be up to date on stuff. And my roommate Angry Block really likes it.

I just finished watching the 2-hour season debut, and it's pretty cool. There's no mistaking why it's so popular: it's full of action and suspense and Jack Bauer biting people. Watching two hours of it was like watching an action movie--but an action movie that doesn't waste its time with romance or any feelgood crap. The characters are established, the setting is simple. And these two hours were an exception in that it went so long before anybody died.

It's all red and no yellow. Not that I'd know anything about that.

Also, somebody posted a plug for the Cecil shirts on Dave Barry's 24 blog last year. I don't know who it was, but it's on this page:
http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/2006/04/24_1.html
It'll save you time if you hit ctrl-F and search for "cecil" instead of scrolling through.

1 comment:

Thirdmango said...

24 is indeed a pure red show. I actually like it now, though I still dispise the first season. The first season treats the audience like scum and thinks that the audience doesn't have any intelegence. But overall the seasons do tend to get better as it goes along.