Saturday, January 13, 2007

Empowering myself daily, through a rigorous brushing regimen.

My toothpaste tastes really bad. There's nothing wrong with it, and I have to assume that it cleans my teeth well--it's just a disgusting flavor.

It looks like it should be good. It comes in what appears to be a galvanized steel tube, showing the industrial-grade strength of its cleaning. The flavor is (I kid you not) "Empowermint". I thought for sure that would be a winner.

But the real problem here is not that my toothpaste tastes bad, but that I am unable to throw it away until it is completely gone. Not until every molecule of paste is out of that tube will I be able to part with it. I'd sooner squeeze it all into the sink and throw away the empty tube than throw away a tube with perfectly good toothpaste in it.

I even looked at other toothpastes when I was at the store on Monday. But I knew I wouldn't buy one.

4 comments:

libby said...

i have that toothpaste. i actually kind of like it

austinmcraig said...

Rogeber, I use that same toothpaste,and I have grown to love it. If you are looking to get rid of it...

LJ said...

...you could always go squeeze it down *Austin's* sink...

Emily said...

I vote that you give it to Austin. I highly recommend Colgate Total Whitening (paste, not gel) as a replacemint.

Otherwise, I am at your house every day, so you may soon discover that it has been removed surreptitiously.